Recipe for Healthy Sweet Potato Soup
1. Peel and chop sweet potatoes. Smaller cuts cook quicker. 2. Dice the onion.
3. Finely cut celery. 4. Dice the carrot. Mince garlic.
Step 5. Heat light olive oil on medium in a big, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Note: Canola, grapeseed, avocado, and vegetable oils are neutral. We recommend a neutral oil with less taste, however regular EVOO is OK.
6. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. 7. Stir the onion for 5 minutes until transparent.
8. Add sweet potato, ground ginger, broth, and a cup of water. 9. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes until all veggies are very tender.
10. Add miso paste, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and process with an immersion blender or stick blender until smooth. Use a standard blender after cooling somewhat.
Note: Immersion blenders are cheap and will make you wonder how you cooked soup without one!
11. Adjust salt to taste. Garnish with parsley.